With the current alarming rate of insecurity, it is important to keep someone aware of your whereabouts. One of the apps that help with this is the Life360 app.
Life360 is a good app for connecting with your close friends and family. But, most importantly, the app allows connected “Circles” to share real-time location info so that you can track one another easily when there’s danger.
However, will Life360 tell you when someone checks your location even if they don’t need to? We will find out in this article.
Yes, Life360 can tell you when someone checks your location.
However, this mainly depends on the distance between your phone and the person that checked your location. If multiple people use the app to check your location simultaneously, life360 will only notify you about the person closest to you by distance.
In other cases, Life360 won’t tell you when someone checks your location if the person has launched the Life360 app on your phone without your consent.
Though there’s no direct way for you to tell when someone is checking your location, there is a simple logic you can apply to this.
As long as you’ve granted the people in your circle permission to view your real-time location, they can always do so.
This means that the people you have in your circle will always be the ones who will be able to check your location.
You may be unable to tell if someone far from you is checking your location.
This will remain true unless someone launches the Life360 app on your phone without your consent.
Other regular indicators that can help you determine if someone’s monitoring your device include:
1. Unknown apps
Check your phone for applications you did not install yourself. This is because spying software often downloads extra tools to aid their monitoring process or information extraction.
2. Irregular browser history
You should also check your browser history for sites or pages you did not visit. Since most monitoring apps usually open up several sites remotely, this is one of the ways you can tell if someone is checking your location.
3. Excess use of background data
Check your background data usage. Something is wrong if it is way more than what you normally consume.
Check for the things that are consuming excess data. For example, you may have a monitoring app consuming extra data on your mobile phone.
4. Excessive battery drain
Have you noticed your battery draining much faster than it used to? If you have, it could be a cause for alarm.
Check your mobile phone for background apps that consume your battery.
5. Sudden reboots
In most sudden reboot cases, you will often find hardware issues as the culprit. However, if you’re sure it is not a hardware issue, your phone is most likely rebooting because of a spying app.
Check-In is a feature that allows you to send your real-time location to every member of your circle. All you need to do is tap the button.
Here is a guide on how to use the check-in feature.
- STEP 1: Go to the map screen and tap on the “Check In” button.
- STEP 2: Choose a location very close to where you are or the current location you can see on your map.
- STEP 3: If you want to enter your exact location, you can enter your location info in the “Name Your Current Location” textbox.
- STEP 4: When you tap on the “Check in” button, the members of your circle will receive an update on your current location.
You can use different ways to hide the Life360 app on an android phone. We’ve listed some of them below.
1. Use a launcher
If you want one, I recommend installing the Nova launcher because it is fast and offers many features.
If you have not used the Nova launcher before, you can refer to the guide below for installing and using the launcher.
- STEP 1: Install the Nova Launcher from Google PlayStore.
- STEP 2: You should also install the Nova Launcher Prime.
- STEP 3: Open the Nova Launcher app you’ve just installed.
- STEP 4: Ensure to set it as your default launcher.
- STEP 5: Inside the “Settings” of the Nova app, select “App drawer.”
- STEP 6: Scroll down to the Apps section and tap on “Hide apps.”
- STEP 7: Look for the Life360 app and check the box.
2. Change the app’s name and icon.
Since an app’s name and icon makes it easy to identify, you can consider changing Life360’s app name and icon on the phone.
You can change an app’s name and icon using an app launcher. The steps for doing this are the same across different app launchers.
Here is a quick guide.
Open your app drawer from your App Launcher. Long press on the app that you want to hide.
Select Edit from the menu. You will be able to change the name of the app in the “App Label” section.
As for the app icon, simply tap on it and change it on the next screen.
3. Use the multiple-user features.
This method is a very efficient one if your phone supports it.
If your phone supports the multiple users feature, simply create a new user account and install the secret apps on that profile.
Since each profile has an independent storage allocation, you can only see apps under the profile you used to install them.
Unfortunately, there is no sure way to tell if someone is faking their location on the Life360 app. You can only easily find out if they have turned off their location sharing on the app.
If they have, you will see a message under their profile saying, “Location Sharing Paused.” You will also see their last logged location on the map.
As long as the phone is not turned off, Life360 will be able to detect the battery signal. Hence, you will automatically get battery-level updates from Life360.
You don’t need to do anything before you can make your phone say “out of battery.” However, you should note that you will only be able to see the out-of-battery signal on the phones of people within your circle.
There are many reasons why Life360 may stop tracking your location or the location of someone in your circle. We’ve outlined some of the reasons below.
- They force-stopped Life360 on their phone.
- Their phone battery is low, or they’ve turned off their phone.
- They are in an area with the very poor network coverage.
- They didn’t give the app the necessary permissions.
- Their phone is in Airplane mode.
- They have the same account logged in on different devices.
- You haven’t opened the Life360 app in a long time.
Read also: How to Ping a Phone to Find Its Location
We hope this article has been able to help you find answers to the questions you have regarding the Life360 app.
In addition, you should know that Life360 has a feature that tells you when someone checks your location.