People find Snapchat interesting for many reasons, one of which is the snap score they accumulate from sending and receiving snaps. These snap scores, which are in the form of points, always indicate user popularity on the app.
But how often do snap scores update? We will provide an answer to that question in this article.
So, keep reading to find out.
Your snap score updates regularly. Each time you send and receive snaps, your score automatically updates.
However, the thing with snap score updates is that the time the update will take to reflect may vary.
In cases where you want to check your snap score, you should be able to see updates on your score within five minutes after you send or receive snaps. However, there are some cases where your snap score may not update until after a few hours.
On the other hand, it may take a bit longer to see the updates on someone else’s snap score. This is because Snapchat’s algorithm has a time lag that delays the time it takes for other people’s snap score updates to reflect on your end.
Snapchat uses this algorithm to protect people’s privacy. They believe that if a user could immediately sees other users’ snap scores increasing, it would be easy to tell when people are online.
Hence, only you can actively see your snap score increasing. It may take hours before your snap score updates on other people’s end.
Similarly, you won’t be able to see other people’s snap score updates immediately.
No, you cannot see when someone checks your snap score. Snapchat doesn’t have a feature that lets you know when someone visits your profile to check your snap score.
There is also no such feature that allows you to know the number of times someone views your profile to check your snap score.
Yes, it will. Your snap score will increase even if you don’t open a snap you receive.
This is because Snapchat increases snap scores based on snaps you receive and send.
However, you should note that no one is exactly sure about how Snapchat calculates the points because they’ve never made their algorithm public. Regardless, research suggests that the likely contributors to your score are:
- The snaps you send
- The snaps you receive
- The number of friends you’ve added
- The number of stories you post
- Maintaining Snap Streaks with friends
- Bonus points when you start using the app again after not using it for a while
There are a few ways through which you can increase your snap score. We will talk about them in the succeeding paragraphs.
- Add many friends to your Snapchat friend list and start streaks with them, where you share snaps continuously for several days.
- Send good morning and good night greeting snaps to your friends every day.
- Watch every story and snap you see under your profile.
- Receive and open snaps as much as you can.
- Follow and engage with different brands.
- Engaging with celebrities will also increase your score.
- Taking a break from Snapchat can also help you increase your snap score. In addition, you will get bonus points when you rejoin Snapchat after not using it for a while.
I hope the information you’ve gotten from this article has been useful enough to help you understand how snap score updates work.
Above all, remember that your snap scores will most likely update within the first 5 minutes after you send or receive snaps. Meanwhile, it will take some time before you can see other people’s snap score updates.