Having different remote controls for your different electrical devices and systems can get tiring at some point. For example, when you use one remote for your TV, another for your sound speaker system, and another for your streaming device, it is easy to mix them up.
Fortunately, a universal remote can help you solve that problem. If you didn’t know, it is possible for you to program a universal remote to a Vizio TV.
But how do you program a universal remote to a Vizio TV? This article will provide all the information and codes you need to help you pair your universal remote with your Vizio TV.
If you buy a new universal remote control, it will most likely come with a manual and instructions for pairing it with your devices. Though the instructions may differ depending on the remote’s brand, the steps for setting them up are very similar.
One of the easiest ways to program a universal remote to a Vizio TV is using the Universal Remote-Control codes. Follow the steps below to use this method.
- STEP 1: Manually turn ON your TV using the power button on the TV.
- STEP 2: Press and hold on to the “TV” button on the universal remote for 5 seconds until its LED light flashes twice. Wait till the LED light remains still, then stop pressing the “TV” button.
- STEP 3: Use the number buttons on the remote to enter the code for your Vizio TV. After you enter each digit, the light will flash once.
- STEP 4: Your remote’s light will flash twice after you enter the last digit, and if the TV accepts the code, the light will go OFF.
- STEP 5: Point the remote at your TV and press the power button. If the TV goes OFF, you have successfully programmed the universal remote to your Vizio TV.
Another way to program a universal remote to a Vizio TV is by using the Setup Code. For this method to work, you don’t need a Universal Remote-Control code. However, it is almost certain to work on newer Vizio TV models.
If you use a newer Vizio TV model, set the TV up first. You can then follow the steps below to learn how to program a universal remote to the Vizio TV using the Setup Code.
- STEP 1: Hold the TV and menu button together for 10 seconds.
- STEP 2: Release the buttons when you see Vizio on your TV screen.
- STEP 3: Use the number buttons to enter “0000” and press OK.
- STEP 4: You will see a new screen with two options on display; TV and Cable.
- STEP 5: Select the “Cable” option and press OK.
- STEP 6: The next screen will ask you to enter your ZIP code. Enter your region’s four-digit code and press OK.
- STEP 7: You will now see a list of cable box manufacturers. Select your cable box manufacturer from the list and press OK.
- STEP 8: After choosing your manufacturer, the TV will ask if your cable box is turned ON. Press OK and wait until you see a message that says “POWER.”
- STEP 9: Try using the remote to control the TV to see if it works.
You will need to get the code associated with your Vizio TV if you want to program a universal remote to the TV. These remote codes are usually strings of numbers that could consist of either 2, 3, 4, or 5 digits.
A Vizio TV could have different possible universal remote codes. Also, for every brand of universal remote control, there are different sets of codes for each TV brand.
This makes it essential to find the correct code for your TV. Fortunately, Vizio doesn’t have too many codes to choose from like other TV brands.
Below is a list of different universal codes for your Vizio TV. We have classified the list based on the number of digits.
Read also: How Long Does Migration Assistant Take?
There are a few reasons your Vizio TV may not connect to a universal remote. We will take a look at some of them in this section.
- You may have entered the wrong universal remote code: If the remote code you entered doesn’t match the one for your Vizio TV brand, you won’t be able to program the universal remote to your Vizio TV.
So, you must use the correct universal remote code for your TV.
- The remote may be low on battery: If your remote is not fully charged, you may face difficulties connecting it to your Vizio TV.
- The remote’s battery may have gotten damaged: The remote’s battery may have gone bad. In such cases, you won’t be able to program the universal remote to your Vizio TV.
- The universal remote’s signal may not be getting to your TV: Another possible reason your TV won’t connect to a universal remote code is that the TV may not be receiving the invisible wireless commands from the universal remote.
If the commands from the universal remote are not hitting the receivers on the TV, both devices may not connect.
Yes, you can. You can program the universal remote control to your Vizio TV and other devices without their original remote.
You need to make sure you buy a universal remote that’s compatible with your devices.
Yes, you can program a universal remote without a code. This is possible because programming options and processes tend to differ depending on the model of the universal remote you want to program.
Below is a general guide on how to program a universal remote without codes:
- STEP 1: Turn ON the TV you want to link the remote.
- STEP 2: Press and hold down the “LED” button on the remote until its LED light come on.
- STEP 3: Press the “TV” button on the remote. You will notice the LED blink once when you do that, but it will stay lit.
- STEP 4: Point the remote towards the TV and press the “Power” button.
- STEP 5: Wait until the TV goes off and press the “Enter” button.
At the end of the day, getting a universal remote control for your Vizio TV and all other devices can help with minimalism. In addition, since you would be able to control them with just one remote, you can eliminate the confusion that comes with having too many remotes.
However, you will need to make sure to get a universal remote that’s compatible with your devices. It would also be good to figure out which universal remote codes to use with your devices since it makes it easier to program a universal remote to a Vizio TV.