You probably received a couple of Amazon gifts from your loved ones, and even though you can use them to purchase anything on Amazon, you may prefer to transfer your Amazon gift card balance to a bank account. Or you might be caught up in a situation where there is an urgent need for cash and will want to use the money in your Amazon Gift card.
Sadly, Amazon does not let customers cash out gift cards. Amazon expressly specifies on their Gift Card Terms and Conditions page that gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash. Hence, you might find it inconvenient to transfer your Amazon gift card balance to your Bank account. However, several third-party options exist for cashing out your gift card balance. Let’s go over a few of the ways to transfer Amazon gift card balance to bank account.
How To Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance To Bank Account – Your Options
To transfer Amazon gift card balance to bank account, here are a few options you should take a look at:
You can decide to use Amazon Pay to transfer Amazon gift card balance to bank account. All you have to do is to link your Amazon Gift Card to your Amazon Pay and transfer your Amazon pay balance to the bank account.
Follow these steps to link your Amazon gift Card balance with Amazon pay.
- Start the Amazon app and click on the hamburger icon (three-line menu symbol) on the lower-right side of your screen. You should be directed to your Account page.
- Search for the “Add a Gift Card” option in the Amazon Pay area.
- Input the serial number, click “Add to Your Balance,” and be patient for the page to load. The gift card amount should be reflected in your Amazon Pay balance instantaneously.
The next thing to do is to transfer that balance to your bank account.
- Visit the Amazon Pay site, go to “Shoppers,” and sign in to your account.
- Then, click “Withdraw Funds” in the Balance area and select your desired bank account.
- Lastly, input the amount you want transferred into your bank account.
- Finish the procedure by hitting the “Continue” and then be patient for the page to load.
The transaction should reflect in your account in three to five working days.
Another option to transfer the Amazon gift card balance to bank account is Venmo. Introduced by Paypal, Venmo is a digital wallet that helps you rapidly manage, transfer, and receive your money.
To transfer Amazon gift card balance to bank account using Venmo, you will first need two Venmo accounts – one for yourself and that of a close friend or relative.
If you don’t have a Venmo account, you can easily create one. First, from your app store, download and install Venmo. Next, open it and select a personal or business account, depending on what you plan to use it for.
Click Sign Up, input your mobile number, the code you received, first & last name, and decide on a username. Next, enter your email address and preferred password, and agree to the terms and conditions. You can choose to sync your Facebook & Phone contacts or skip that step, then make your payment visibility private.
After successfully creating the Venmo account, follow these steps to transfer Amazon gift card balance to the bank account.
- In Settings, link your Amazon gift card balance with your Venmo account as a payment method (or backup).
- The next process is to link a bank account with the second Venmo account that belongs to a close relative.
- Then, transfer money from your Venmo account linked with your Amazon gift card to the second Venmo account.
- When the money has entered the other Venmo account, it can be transferred to the linked bank account, making it very easy to send to your bank account.
How to transfer Amazon gift card balance to another Amazon account
Transferring Amazon gift card balance to another Amazon account is almost impossible because it is banned under Amazon’s Terms & Conditions. Your gift card can be redeemed by contacting Amazon’s customer service team. After that, you can transfer it to a different Amazon account.
It is also possible for you to send an e-gift card to someone, and the person will get the card’s value in their Amazon pay balance. The process to do that is listed as follows:
- Access the Amazon Gift Cards Store and select e-Gift Cards from the menu at the top. Then, select the gift card style you prefer by clicking on it.
- Select the Amount and Method of delivery.
- Input the email address of the receiver, your name (that is, the sender’s name), the message, the amount, and the date of delivery.
- Lastly, hit “Buy Now” to finish the payment and send the Gift card. Please remember that the receiver will get the funds in their Amazon Pay account.
There you have options to transfer Amazon gift card balance to Bank account. So you can rid yourself of the hassle today and follow this guide carefully.