There are a lot of reasons why people decide to eventually switch from using TV screens to PCs for gaming purposes, might be the comfort, boredom, damage to the TV, personal preference, or just down to design.
Like every gaming device, one way or the other, problems arise, and there can be particular ones that are more frustrating than the other e.g. ps4 controller not showing up in the device manager.
It is not an uncommon situation to find out that you have the PS4 controller not showing in device manager issue. This might be due to a variety of reasons, the most common causes are:
PS4 Controller Not Showing Up In Device Manager – Causes
- Windows update
- Drivers not installed
- Buggy updates
- Might even be a case of being identified as an audio device
PS4 Controller Not Showing Up In Device Manager – Fixes
So what should you do?
Update the game controllers
Wireless controllers on windows PCs are generally powered by three major drivers: The Bluetooth HID Device, the HID-compliant game controller, and the Bluetooth Wireless Controller.
If your PC doesn’t detect your PS4 controller, these are the drivers that you should update.
A step by step process on how you can do this
- Step 1: Click on the Windows key >> search for device manager >> click on settings after search entry >> select Device Manager.
You can do this the quicker way by launching the Windows Quick Access menu >> Click on both Windows key and Key X >> Then select Device Manager.
- Step 2: Click on the “Human Interface Devices” dropdown button you’ll see >> tap the ‘Human Interface Devices‘ drop-down button to reveal the ‘Bluetooth HID Device‘ and ‘HID-complaint game controller’ drivers.
The Bluetooth Wireless Controller can be found in the Bluetooth section.
- Step 3: Ensure you right-click on the particular driver you want to update, then select “Update Driver”.
- Step 4: Click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software‘. Your PC does the rest of the work by searching for new versions of the driver to install. You would then get a prompt instructing you to install the drivers on your PC
Repeat the same steps for the three drivers; “Right-click and select update driver”, then you’re good to go.