Getting “The Wireless Customer you are calling Is Not Available” anytime you try calling a friend can be pretty annoying. It is becoming something people are experiencing these days. And now everyone wants to know why their phone returns this call intercept message when trying to make a call.
Well, there are a few reasons why you could be experiencing this. That’s why we’ve taken the time to review and create this guide to help you understand the possible causes and fixes for this error.
The Wireless Customer you are calling Is Not Available – Causes
Here are some reasons why you get “the wireless customer you are calling is not available” call intercept message:
- The phone is off. The person you’re calling may have turned off their phone. This can be from a flat battery, or the person is simply busy. If this person hasn’t set up a voicemail yet, you will get the generic message “the wireless customer you are calling is not available.”
- Outside a network coverage. People travel or go camping sometimes. So if you are trying to call someone outside a calling area or have no network, you’ll get the intercepted message. It could also be that their phone is on Do Not Disturb.
- Unpaid phone bills. Life gets hectic at times, and we forget a lot of things like our phone bills. So if that individual is late on their payment, that line will be disconnected, which can lead to you getting the generic message that “the wireless customer you are calling is not available“.
- Another cause could be that the person might be having issues with their phone at that moment, which is why it’s unavailable.
The Wireless Customer you are calling Is Not Available – Best Fixes
Although it’s nearly impossible to determine exactly which of these causes is the reason why you’re getting the intercept message “the wireless customer you are calling is not available.” You can always try these simple solutions.
Fix 1: Leave a message
If your contact’s phone is turned OFF, there isn’t much you can do to get in touch with them but wait till the phone is ON again. So, you can leave a message letting them know you were trying to reach them, but you couldn’t.
Fix 2: Wait it out
If this person is outside a network coverage zone, the only choice you have is to wait it out. Signal blackspot is common all over the world. So, until that individual is back in a network zone, there isn’t much you can do.
Fix 3: Unblock the number
It’s possible that either one of you accidentally blocked each other. If you keep your phone in your pocket most times, you are familiar with the screen pressing itself. So, unblock their number or try calling through another number to see if they are the one that blocked you.
However, it’s also possible that neither of you has blocked the other. On occasion, the issue can lie with your carrier or theirs. A simple call to their customer service line should rectify the situation quickly enough.
Fix 4: Call customer care
However, the causes we’ve mentioned above might not be the reason why you’re getting the intercept message “the wireless customer is not available“. At this point, there isn’t much you can do to rectify the situation. First, however, try calling different contacts on your phone. This makes it easier to know if this is an isolated event or something else.
If this turns out to be the same as all other numbers, then the issue lies with you. So all you can do is call your carrier customer care and explain what’s going on. They should be able to give you the answers you want.
- The Number You Are Trying To Call Is Not Reachable [Code PPS 6180] – Causes & Fixes
- How Does Tracfone Work?
- Is Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Verizon, Cricket & Sprint GSM Or CDMA?
- How to Text Someone Who Blocked You on Android & iPhone Apps