One of the good things about iMessage is that it helps to erase the uncertainties related to the delivery status of your messages.
iMessage allows you to confirm if someone has gotten your message and if they’ve read it – as long as they’ve not turned off their read receipt. However, this does not mean there wouldn’t be times when you’d have some issues with your iMessage.
Sometimes, you’d notice iMessage not saying delivered. Let’s discuss what you can do in such cases.
Whenever you notice iMessage not saying delivered after you send a message, the problem is most likely coming from the recipient’s end. Below are some of the possible issues:
- The recipient’s phone may be turned off for some reason.
- The recipient may not have access to an active internet connection wherever they are.
- It is possible that the recipient has activated the Airplane or Do Not Disturb Mode on their phone.
- The recipient may have switched from an iPhone to an Android and didn’t delete their number from iMessage.
- The recipient may have turned off their iMessage.
- The recipient has blocked you.
Fix 1: Check the internet connection on your phone:
Since iMessage needs internet access to function properly, it may not function as it should if you have a poor internet connection. So, you should check to ensure a steady internet connection.
If you still notice iMessage not saying delivered, you should try to resend the message. To do that, click on the exclamation mark on top of the message and select the “Try Again” option from the pop-up menu.
If the issue persists, you can try to see if the problem is with your iMessage by clicking the “Send as Text Message” option. If you can send the message, you need to consider other fixes.
Note that when you try this, your phone will send the message as an SMS using your phone’s texting plan, which you may need to pay for.
Your iMessage may be experiencing some temporary bugs. If it is, you can quickly fix the issue by turning your iMessage off and back on.
To do this, go to your Settings >> Messages >> Turn OFF iMessage >> Turn ON iMessage again.
One of the best ways to resolve Apple account-related issues is by signing out of your Apple ID and signing back in. This can also help resolve issues you may have with your iMessage not saying delivered.
Here’s how to do it:
- STEP 1: Go to your “Settings“
- STEP 2: Go to “Message“
- STEP 3: Navigate to “Send & Receive” to find the “Message” option.
- STEP 4: Click on your Apple ID. Tap on the “Sign Out” option in the pop-up window.
- STEP 5: Sign back into your Apple ID with the same Apple account.
If you notice iMessage not saying delivered on mac, even when it is, here are a few things to check:
- The recipient probably has turned off their iMessage’s “Send Read Receipts” feature.
- The other reason for your iMessage not saying delivered, even when it is, could be because the recipient has disabled iMessage.
In such cases, the messages sent or received on that recipient’s device will be through regular text messages.
There are a few reasons why the messages you send to one person may not deliver. Here are some of them:
- The supposed recipient may have blocked you, or even you may have unknowingly blocked the person. You can follow the process below if you want to confirm that you have not blocked the person:
- STEP 1: Go to your phone’s “Settings.”
- STEP 2: Navigate to “Messages.”
- STEP 3: Then go to “Blocked Contacts“
If you’ve blocked the person, you should see their contact here.
- There may be an issue with the iMessage thread you have with the person. When the iMessage thread you have with someone has issues, you can back up the thread, delete it, and create a new thread with the same contact.
- There may be an issue with the contact. You can fix the issue by deleting the contact and creating it again.
- It may be your Apple ID that is stopping you from sending the message. You can sign out of your Apple ID and sign back in.
- The supposed recipient of the message may not have enabled the iMessage feature on their phone.
- If you are attempting to send your message through iMessage and it is not delivering, then the recipient may not be using an iPhone.
- The recipient may be having internet connection-related issues.
If you send the message through iMessage, you will see a “delivered” indicator below the message you sent if the recipient has received it.
In addition, if the person you’re sending the message to has their Read Receipt feature enabled, the “Delivered” will change to “Read” once they read the message.
On the other hand, if you send the message through regular SMS, you will only receive an indicator if the message fails to deliver. So, if you don’t get an indicator saying your message failed to send, you can tell that your message was successfully delivered.
Follow the simple procedure below anytime you want to send a text message instead of iMessage.
- STEP 1: Tap and hold onto the message you want to send as a text message.
- STEP 2: You will see a pop-up menu. Select “Send as Text Message” from the pop-up menu.
The only way to know if someone has read your text on an iPhone is through the read receipts feature.
If you and your recipient have enabled the read receipt feature on your iMessage, you can see the word “Read” under any last message sent to the recipient. You will also be able to see the time they read the message.
If you’ve thoroughly gone through the fixes we talked about in this article, you should be able to find one that works for you. You can also go through the list of possible reasons for your iMessage saying not delivered.